UNIVERSITY ACCESS COURSE
In line with RSTC's objective of instilling professional conduct in the driving profession through education and training and enhancing the competencies of drivers, RSTC through its copyright Driving Management Science (DMS) program is offering the above mentioned program for transport officers/fleet managers,transport officers, workshop managers, drivers with GCE O/A Level, SHS graduates, and DMS ( Basic,Intermediate and advance levels ) graduates who are desirous to pursue Diploma in Road Safety and Transport Management at the University of Cape Coast.
The Program is a special partnership project between RSTC and UCC. Details of the course are stated below.
The programme is structured to include road risk management principles and practices, traffic psychology and philosophy of good driving management that impact on attitudes and behaviour.
1. Driver Habits & Ethics 13. Occupational Health
2. Essential of Vehicle Maintenance 14. Car Ergonomics
3. Physics of Driving 15. Fuel Economy
4. Motor Risk & Insurance 16. Driving Mathematics
5. Safe Driving 1 17. Stress Management
6. Vehicle Documentation 18. Ghana Highway Code
7. Social & Communication Skills 19. Road Traffic Regulations
8. Professional Ethics 20. Introduction to Computer
9. Transportation Financing 21. Principle of Driving Psychology
10. Vehicle Parts Procurement 22. Probability
11. Transport Accounting 23. Road Traffic Act 683 1
12. Time Management 24. Security Consciousness
The lectures are organised on both week days and weekends. It is a taught course covering a period of 8 weeks.
• Commercial drivers,
• Transport Managers/Officers
• HND mechanical or Automobile Engineers
• Holders of GCE O’ or A’ Level certificates
• Holders of NVTI certificates
• Workshop Managers and Technicians
Call RSTC on the following line
Office: 0302-234539, 221874
Godfred Akyea-Darkwa 0202021401,
Kofi Baah Acheamfour -0202021403,
Seth Afagbedzi -0202021407,
Andrew Grant - 0202021409